Greenify is one of the most popular apps for optimizing battery life. Now also with support to Android Marshmallow’s Doze on the Go battery saving mode.
With Greenify Pro your phone or tablet will never become slower and battery hungrier after lots of apps installed. With Greenify, your device can run almost smoothly and lastingly!
Greenify help you identify and put the misbehaving apps into hibernation when you are not using them. As a result, it stops them from lagging your device and leeching the battery, in an unique way! They can do nothing without explicit launch by you or other apps.
Finally, it is still preserving full functionality when running in foreground, similar to iOS apps!
Greenifying an app implies that you are aware that all the background functionality. (service, periodic task, event receiver, alarm, widget update, push message) This app will become out of service during the hibernation except when you are using this app.
- NEVER greenify alarm clock apps, instant messaging apps unless you don’t rely on them. Please do verify the impact of greenified apps on which you heavily rely.
- Compared to other popular tools aimed for the similar purpose, Greenify offers the following advantages:
- Unlike the “Freeze” feature in “TitaniumBackup Pro” that totally disable the app, you can still use your app as usual, share content with it. No need to freeze & defrozen it.
- Unlike “Autostarts”, you can benefit from almost all of its advantages, without needing to deal with the complexity and risk of obscure app components, and never lose functionality when app is actively running.
- Unlike any “XXX Task Killer”, your device will never fall into the cat-mouse-game of stealthy-running and aggressive killing, which unnecessarily consumes more battery juice.
- Note: Greenify do need a background persistent “Cleaner” service to put the greenified apps back into hibernation when you are not actively using them. Extremely lightweight, with an average RAM footprint at 3M in total, and nearly zero CPU and battery consumption.
- Suppress another app wake-up via hidden sync (e.g. UC Browser).
- Wake-up caused by content provider component, so can be cut off now.
- Also accessibility service is no longer required if no apps in normal hibernation mode during manual hibernation.
- Fnally, fix broken Enhanced Wake-up Tracker in root mode.
DownloadsDownload APKMirror #2Mirror #3
File size: 3.7 MB
User's review Unlike normal task killers. Uninstalled for two days to check it was making a difference. Suddenly my phone was intolerably slow, and the battery didn't last the night even from 100% full. I'd forgotten what it was like! AccuBattery shows my phone in deep sleep 98% of screen-off time again, compared with 0-15% without Greenify. HOWEVER only 4 stars because setup is neither intuitive nor adequately explained (eg "Ignore" is ambiguous). I'd have given up but for How To Geek's invaluable guide.
Other versions of this app: