AG DPF shows you the most important data related to the DPF particulate filter and its regeneration phases using an ELM327 Bluetooth/WIFI adapter. With this app you can know if the filter is actually in regeneration process, if a regeneration is waiting to complete, how many km have you traveled since last regeneration, etc. This app doesn’t use standard OBD2 commands as almost all other apps, it uses directly CAN commands specific of car model and this is the reason why it doesn’t work with every car; due to the use of CAN commands, the app needs al least a decent ELM327 adapter (see note below); some users reports correct app working with a 10-15 euro adapter.
ATTENTION!! This app works only with VAG (Audi Volkswagen Seat Skoda) that are equipped with engines listed below; for diesel engines not listed is not guaranteed the full compatibility, so if you anyway buy the app, consider that some or all functions couldn’t work correctly.
IMPORTANT!! Before buying this app I suggest to try the app “VAG DPF Free” to check the correct functionality of your adapter and your Android because the free application shares the connection method and the data reading code so it’s perfect to test if these important functions are working correctly.
CRBC (2.0TDI 150CV)
CFHD (2.0TDI 143CV)
CUNA (2.0TDI 184CV)
CFFB (2.0TDI 140CV)
CFWA (1.2TDI 75CV)
CLHA (1.6TDI 105CV)
CRMB (2.0 TDI 150CV)[not tested but reported as working]
CXXB (1.6TDI 110CV)
CAYB-CAYC (1.6TDI 105CV)
IMPORTANT some of the engines above may be uncompabile, it depends on the engine software version, so use the VAG DPF FREE app to check your engine before buy!!!!
Others engines of the same family may be compatible, but they are not yet tested. The list is constantly updated.
– Display of 12 DPF filter parameters like: soot mass accumulation in the filter, regeneration duration, km traveled and time passed since last regeneration, EGR valve closing, exhaust gas temperatures of inlet and outlet of DPF (Attention: data shown may vary depending of the engine type due to the presence of the parameters into the engine ecu)
– Manual or automatic parameters update
– Display, for all the parameters, of the previous value and the difference between the actual and the previous value (only for automatic update delays different from 0 seconds)
– Ability to exclude one or more parameter to increase the reading speed
To know all the functions explained in detail you can open a little guide directly in the app’s menu.
Upcoming scheduled features:
– Increase supported engines
– Add a log function
– Better tablet layout
About ELM327 adapters:
Currently on the market you can find a huge list of low cost clone ELM327 adapters using a cloned simplified version of the ELM327 chip; using these adapters with this app may introduce readings errors and also car connection problems or app freezing.
For an optimal use I suggest to buy a good quality adapter like an OBDLink LX, but the app also works with cheap adapters provided decent quality.
File size: 2.15 MB
Other versions of this app: